Thursday, April 6, 2017

Politics and writing

When writing a dystopian novel you tend to look at the politics of the current nation. In most public speaking classes they will discourage you from going to the extreme. While I understand that, in my book, I go straight to the extreme. Whenever you look at history nobody expected the extreme when it happened (the holocaust, genocides, etc). If nobody ever talks about it then nobody will expect it.

The first thing that I want to discuss today is our president. I respect him because he is our president, he has made the economy better, and I do believe he has the best intentions for America as a nation. However, when people start bringing him to the level of God, that's where I have problems. I recently saw a meme that struck a nerve.

"He gave up his million dollar home (company) to be mocked, ridiculed, and dragged through the mud just to save the American nation that he loves."

Okay, back up. Last I checked he is still making money from his company? (maybe I'm wrong here) He's already taken expensive trips and his kid is still at his original school. Secret Service agents don't do their job for free.

The other thing is, the people I saw posting this were Christians. That bothers me a little. We don't worship President Trump. We worship Jesus, He died for sinners. He was mocked, ridiculed, and beaten on our behalf to save sinners. Trump isn't God and people should stop elevating him to that level. It is nothing short of blasphemy.

It also scares me a little. When people start admiring humans to that level crap starts to hit the fan. We can't allow ourselves to become so enamored with a man that we forget about the God who made us.


No comments:

Post a Comment