Sunday, April 30, 2017

Desensitized

So, I was on facebook one day (shocker) and I saw a friend had posted something so I went to look. In the picture, there was an extremely underweight girl. She said if people weighed more than 115 pounds there was a problem. The picture disturbed me, the girl looked like bones. I saw Anorexia or another eating disorder. I almost cried.   My friend was mocking the picture along with some friends.

When did we get to be so desensitized? That girl could be dead now and people would be mocking her photo. Why didn't the man who took the screen shot call an emergency number? Her weight is unhealthy and she needs intervention. But instead, she is mocked? I'm sure that helped.

Then not long later I saw a facebook post about a woman who left a church because she couldn't nurse her baby without a covering. Even though she was given several other choices with what to do. Then she complained about it on facebook live. She chose to be offended and use the law to punish a church despite the fact they did not kick her out. She chose to leave.

America has a problem. We get offended by everything and then we mock girls who need to be in a hospital. It's time for us to grow up. Y'all aren't teenagers anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment